What are the main functions of kojic acid ？
1, the industrial used to make the cosmetics: kojic acid can inhibit the synthesis of tyrosinase, thus it can be strongly inhibit the formation of melanin, and safe non-toxic, does not produce white spot sequela, so kojic acid has been allocated into lotion, facial mask, lotions, creams, can effective treatment of freckles, age spots, pigmentation, acne and other high-grade whitening cosmetics. 20ug/ml of kojic acid can inhibit the activity of 70 ~ 80% of various tyrosinase (or polyphenol oxidase PPO), generally adding 0.5-2.0% in cosmetics.
2. Used in food processing: kojic acid can be used as food additives to preserve freshness, prevent corrosion and resist oxidation. It is proved that kojic acid can inhibit the transformation of sodium nitrite into carcinogenic nitrosamine in bacon. Tricholic acid is also the raw material for the production of maltol and ethyl maltol.
3, used as a medicinal USES: because of the eukaryotic cells have no mutagenic effect on kojic acid, can eliminate free radicals within human body again, to enhance the role, such as the white power, beneficial to human body health, so has kojic acid as raw materials of cephalosporins antibiotics, produce the finished product drug used to treat diseases such as headache, toothache, and local inflammation, analgesia and anti-inflammatory effect is very ideal.
Agricultural pesticides: kojic acid can be used in the production of biological pesticides. The bio-micro fertilizer (dark red liquid) made by adding 0.5 ~ 1.0% kojic acid can increase the yield of grain and vegetables no matter it is sprayed with at low concentration as leaf fertilizer or made as growth agent for root application.
Side effects of kojic acid
Kojic acid has a certain harm in making food, which you should know more about. Compared with benzoic acid, sorbic acid and its salts, which are widely used in food additives at present, tricholic acid has the following advantages: it is soluble in water and solves the problem that preservatives like sorbic acid and benzoic acid need to be dissolved in organic solvent before adding food; It is not used by bacteria and has stronger and more extensive antibacterial force, while sorbic acid has weak antibacterial force and is easy to be used by bacteria. With stable heat, it can be sterilized by heating with food, while sorbic acid is volatile when heated. PH value had no significant effect on the antibacterial activity of kojic acid, while sorbic acid and sodium benzoate decreased with pH value. Tricholic acid is not irritating to people, and can inhibit nitrites to form carcinogens, while sorbic acid is irritating to people's skin and eyes, and can form carcinogens when there is nitrate.
- CPHI Shanghai 2018
- CPhI China 2017 - Shanghai
- Chinese New Year Promotion
- How To Store And Handle Peptides
- How To Pick Best HGH Cream For You
- Get Sucess In CPHI Worldwide 2016
- Amino Acid Taurine Is Crucial To He...
- Dietary Tips To Improve Male Hormon...
- Sexual Supplement: L-Arginine
- CPHI JAPAN 2016
- Mobelbio Attend API Exhibition Iin ...
- Melittin Descriptions
- FOXO4-DRI Research Was Made Great P...
- Introduction Of The Advantages Of S...
- MOBELBIO Supply High Quality Fish C...
- EGF- The Greatest Discoveries In Sk...
- Recombinant Human Growth Hormone In...
- What's Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF)
- Function And Application Of Kojic Acid
- What Are Nootropics ?